The National Weather Service in Jacksonville Fl has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Altamaha River At Everett City.
* from Saturday afternoon until further notice…Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:16 AM Wednesday the stage was 12.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by Saturday early afternoon and continue to rise to near 13.4 feet by early Monday morning.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact…At 13.0 feet…Water begins to encroach upon Altamaha Regional Park in Glynn County. This includes Altamaha Park Road, Betty Lott Lane and Bee Tree Island Road. In McIntosh County, Barrington Park at the end of Harper Lake Road begins to flood.
Blue Reach Road also begins to flood near the Long County line.
* Impact…At 12.0 feet…Agricultural and timber lands near the river are flooded.
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest forecasts…And be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you see flood waters…Remember to turn around and do not drown.
For graphical hydrologic information…Please go to weather.gov and click on your state. Select Rivers and Lakes under current weather. The Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service page provides current and forecast river information…Gage locations…Impacts… and historical crest information for all forecast points by clicking on each point.