Georgia Southern University is looking for a new president.
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia has named the two committees required by Regents’ policy to conduct a national search for the next president of Georgia Southern University.
“Georgia Southern University needs a leader who understands the importance of working with students, faculty, staff and supporters as the institution grows its academic mission and footprint in southeast Georgia,” Chancellor Steve Wrigley said. “This is a pivotal moment for the Georgia Southern community, and I thank the committee members in advance for their time and dedication to this important effort. The work of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee will be crucial to finding the right person to lead the university.”
The search and screening of candidates is the responsibility of the 18-member, campus-based Presidential Search and Screen Committee.
Members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee are as follows:
- Dustin Anderson, Ph.D., associate professor of literature, College of Arts and Humanities; president, Faculty Senate; chair, Presidential Search and Screen Committee
- Suzanne “Suzy” Carpenter, M.S., associate professor of chemistry, College of Science and Mathematics
- Jimmy Childre Jr., president, Childre Ford Inc.
- Jose de Arimateia da Cruz, Ph.D., professor of international relations and international studies, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Samantha Grovenstein-Deal, product line manager, CCH Firm Management and Growth Solutions, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America
- Spencer DeMink, executive vice president, Student Government Association
- Luther “Trey” Denton, Ph.D., professor of marketing, College of Business
- Mujibur Rahman Khan, Ph.D., associate professor of mechanical engineering, College of Engineering and Computing
- Ann B. Hallock, DNP, assistant professor of nursing, Waters College of Health Professions
- Dorothy Kempson, director, Liberty Campus
- Douglas H. Lambert, president, SouthEastern Hospitality Services Inc.
- J. Cliff McCurry, director of community development, Sterling Seacrest Partners
- John “Jay” Neely III, vice president, Law and Public Affairs, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
- Brenda Richardson, chair, Staff Council
- Chris Riley, chief of staff, Office of the Governor
- Jarvis Steele, president, Student Government Association
- Isabel Thomas, graduate student, College of Public Health
- Meca R. Williams-Johnson, Ph.D., professor of educational research, College of Education
The duties of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee include the development of a position description, recruiting candidates and conducting interviews. The search firm of Witt/Kieffer has been engaged to assist the search committee.
The charge to the Presidential Search and Screen Committee will take place on Aug. 29, 2018 at Georgia Southern University. At the conclusion of its work, the campus committee will forward the credentials of three to five unranked candidates to the Regents’ Special Committee for consideration.